Friday, April 23, 2010

Home, At Last!

I made it home yesterday evening around 5:30 pm.  I made it all the way to Minnesota before the urge to get home set in strong.  I made it to Marquette before I hit really cold weather.  And I made it to the Marquette Branch Prison before anything in my planned excursion went wrong.  I had sent Tuwan a postcard from Spearfish, South Dakota telling him to expect me any time between Wednesday, April 21st, and Monday, April 26th.  (At that time I thought I might meander through Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the Upper Peninsula not realizing the homing device in my heart was going to hone in making for beeline driving the last couple of days.)  Anyway, I got to Marquette on Wednesday too late to visit.  Thursday morning I went in only to learn that there was a "rumor" that there was going to be an alarm drill that morning.  I needed to call back around 9:20 to see if that was the case.  I did and it was.  That meant I would not be able to visit with Tuwan until possibly after 1:30. 

Now it's a long drive from Marquette to Ann Arbor and I knew that I would not be able to make the distance if I visited Tuwan that late.  I wanted to go home.  I wanted to see Roger before he took off for Minneapolis this weekend.  I wanted to sleep in my own bed.  I wanted to start on all the spring activities I put off the last three weeks.  And I didn't want to spend any more money on this trip.  So I left a message for Tuwan letting him know I tried and that I'd return sometime in the summer and started home.  I regret not seeing him and I hope he'll understand.

As my final pictures for this trip (though I will continue the blog if you're interested in checking in now and again), are beginning and end pictures.



The pear tree before I left and upon my return.  You can see the leaves are coming out now and joining the flowers.

The Tulip tree before leaving and after returning.  The tree has peaked and Roger was sweeping up fallen petals when I pulled in.


The azaleas before and after my trip.  Roger says that at their peak you there was no space not filled with purple.  You can see the petals are falling on the ground now.

Tulips were coming up and I could see the heads of some of my perennials.
The tulips are up.  The daffodils are pretty much done.  All that lush green you see are the various perennials that will entertain us throughout the summer.

It's a great time to take a trip and a wonderful time to be home! 

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing trip! Glad your safe and home, Diana

    ReplyDelete